Full stack web developer
My objective is to design and build cutting-edge web appications.
- Passionate about producing web sites and apps with effective design, user experience and accessibility features.
- Experienced in developing, deploying and maintaining full stack web applications, including REST APIs.
- Up to date with current web design and technology trends.
- Strong belief in teamwork, community, and inclusive values.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Over 20 years of experience building products for the web.
- Over 15 years of experience using Linux.
- Began in estimating role using CAD and nesting software to price customer laser cutting and fabrication jobs.
- Later developed a web-based database application for tracking work orders, materials, processes and customers.
- Application back-end built using Python, Django, DRF, PostgreSQL, nginx and gunicorn.
- Application front-end built using Bootstrap 3, Less.js, jQuery 3, webfont icons and Grunt.js.
- Further developed the application for purchase orders, shipment and employee time tracking, and towards a fully mobile, responsive user interface.
- Allowed the company to organize and collaborate more effectively, thus helping empower their ability to grow from 10 to over 50 employees.
- Assisted with SVG vector graphic and 3D SolidWorks model design for print and manufacture.
- Maintained documentation and source code in self-hosted GitLab environment.
- Supported fellow staff with IT needs like ethernet wiring and Windows software troubleshooting.
- Maintained and eventually redesigned & rewrote company website at demtool.com to use assemble.io static site generator, Gulp.js plugins, responsive CSS using Less.js, and 100% Lighthouse tests passed.
- Assisted on shop floor with ocassional deburring and brake press forming of sheet metal products.
- Technical Director for small studio producing episodes of a 2D animated, children's "edutainment" show, The Razzberry Jazzberry Jam on CBC Kids.
- Implemented source file control and issue style reporting between remote director and animator teams using customized Trac and Subversion.
- Developed JSFL scripts, WordPress and Drupal themes, and wrote extensive wiki documentation.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the team's XServe, Final Cut (RAID) and OS X desktop computers.
- Additionally composited crowd effect shots for musical performance sequences in the show.
- Worked with small development team to create a web based video advertising and scheduling application, using PHP and Smarty.
- Responsible for front end user interface designs and implementations in HTML, CSS and AJAX.
- Additionally created several 3D high-definition animation sequences for display on company's advertising screen network using Maya.
Centennial Collge, 2003
Digital Animation Certificate
Conestoga College, 2000
Java Programming Certificate
References and recommendation letter available on request.
Contact me... David Starr
Phone: (519) 722-8240