Skills and Objective
I'm looking to grow my career in the software tech industry and better utilize my leadership, design ideas and computer skills.
- Passionate about effective design, technology and production.
- Experienced in developing, deploying and maintaining full stack web applications.
- Ability to lead teams and communicate ideas effectively with clients.
- Up to date with current information technology trends.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Over 25 years of experience using computers and the internet.
- Programmed and operated fiber laser cutting machine to produce sheet and plate metal parts.
- Created and modified flat patterns for laser cutting, including custom signs, fixtures and tools.
- Setup and operated both CNC and manual brake presses to bend and form parts.
- Analyzed blueprint drawings for possible manufacturing challenges and provided solutions.
- Used forklifts to load and unload delivery vehicles as well as access and maintain material rack storage.
- Began in estimating role using AutoCAD, spreadsheets and nesting software to price customer laser cutting and metal fabrication jobs.
- Later developed a web-based database application for tracking work orders, materials, processes and customers.
- Application back-end built using Python, Django, PostgreSQL, nginx and Debian Linux on a vitrual machine hypervisor.
- Application front-end built using Bootstrap, Less.js, jQuery, WOFF and node.js.
- Further developed the application for purchase orders, shipment and employee time tracking, including a fully mobile, responsive user interface.
- Empowered the company to grow from 10 to over 50 employees.
- Created SVG vector graphics and 3D SolidWorks models for print and manufacture.
- Maintained documentation and source code in self-hosted GitLab environment.
- Supported fellow staff and facilities with IT needs like ethernet, WiFi, printers, scanners and Windows software troubleshooting.
- Re-designed, re-wrote and maintained company website at demtool.com to use assemble.io static site generator, Gulp.js plugins, responsive CSS, and 100% Chrome Lighthouse tests passed.
- Attended Bystronic training in Chigago, SolidWorks courses in Kitchener, and PyCon conference in Toronto.
- Technical Director for small studio producing episodes of a 2D animated, children's cartoon show, The Razzberry Jazzberry Jam on CBC Kids.
- Implemented source file control and issue style reporting between remote director and animator teams using customized Trac and Subversion server.
- Developed JSFL scripts, WordPress and Drupal themes, and wrote extensive wiki documentation.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the team's XServe, Final Cut (RAID) and OS X desktop computers.
- Additionally composited crowd effect shots for musical performance sequences in the show using Apple Motion.
- Worked with small development team to create a web based video advertising and scheduling application, using PHP and Smarty templates.
- Responsible for front end user interface designs using Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as implementations in HTML, CSS and AJAX.
- Additionally created several 3D high-definition animated sequences for display on company's advertising screen network using Maya and After Effects.
- Centennial Collge
- Digital Animation Certificate (2003)
- Conestoga College
- Java Programming Certificates (2000)
- Cameron Heights Colligiate Institute
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (1998)
References and recommendation letter available on request.
Contact me... David Starr
Phone: (519) 722-8240